Sunday, June 29, 2008

Catchin' up

Well, I haven't posted for a few days. The annual festival in our town was this weekend. It started on Wednesday night. The kids had a lot of fun. We went Wednesday just for a little while. Bryson's friend Josh was there so Bryson road a couple of rides with him. Morgan does not go on any rides. She is very shy. She has fun watching. Now, she doesn't mind playing the games. She begged to play a game that you can win a gold fish if you get a ping pong ball into a little fish bowl. I told her that she could play it, because I truly thought she wouldn't win. I was so wrong! The child got a ball in there. She was soooooo excited. She named it Sparky. We warned her that a lot of times those gold fish don't live very long. We put it in a vase, and I crossed my fingers. I woke up the next morning before Morgan got up and held my breath. I walked into the kitchen and was relieved to see sparky alive! I was worried that she wouldn't do well losing her first pet. Well, sadly enough, Sparky only lived for four more hours. Morgan cried for a little while. It was so heartbreaking. She had already fell in love with her little fish. We flushed poor sparky down the toilet. Bryson had a ball riding on the rides. He goes on the big rides. I don't let him ride them without a friend or an adult. I happen to be the designated adult. Chris can't handle any rides that spin, not that I am able to handle it a whole lot better. So there is this one ride that Bryson likes to ride called Storm. Now, this is the ride that is the fastest and the one that spins you the most. I know that I can't handle this ride very well. I get off of it and can hardly walk straight. Last year when I rode it, some kind gentleman asked, "Ma'am, do you need some assistance?" (I've never felt older in my life!) I assured him that just as soon as the ground stopped moving, I would be just fine. It took a couple of hours for me to recover. This year, I kept my eyes closed most of the time accept to peak at Bryson to make sure he was okay. I didn't feel so bad when I was a teenager that was sitting across from us on the ride, puke after getting off of it. He rode all of the bigger rides accept for the tilt-a-whirl and sizzler. There was a great band out there on Friday. They were from L.A. I think there name was Dot to Dot, or something like that. I was pretty impressed. They played a wide variety of music, and put there own touch to the songs. They were high energy and fun to watch. We stayed there until about midnight with some friends of ours and their kids. They have three. The ages of their kids and our kids are eight, seven, five, five, and almost four. So they all play really well together. We all had a good time. We went Saturday and stayed pretty late with the same friends again. We watched the fireworks and the kids rode a couple of rides. Today was the last day, thank God because I am tired! We watched the parade and Bryson and his cousin rode a few rides. So it turned out to be a good weekend.

I get to go back to work tomorrow. I can't say that I am excited about that. Sometimes we just have to do things we really don't want to do. At least it is a short work week with the Fourth of July on Friday. Which means that my birthday is next week already! July 10Th is my birthday. I had a hard time with my birthday when I turned 30. I swore I would never cry over another birthday ever again. I am going to be 32 and I am looking forward to it. Age is just a number, and if I live my life worried about my age, I will miss out on all of the good things around me.

Well, It's getting late, and I am getting very tired. I hope everyone has a happy Monday. I want to end with something that I am grateful for. I am grateful for my beautiful children. I am grateful that God gave them to me. I am so blessed! Feel free to share with me the things that you are grateful for. I've learned that when you share what you are grateful for nothing else matters!

God bless!!
Julie

God Bless!
Julie

No comments: