Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A beautiful day!

Today was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, the temperature was in the mid seventies, and there was an awesome breeze! I had therapy at 8:00 this morning. (YUCK!) When I got home, the kids were just starting to eat their breakfast. They have been playing so hard outside that they crash at night and sleep in a little later in the mornings. We love the summer hours! I took Bryson's stitch out. He asked me to take it out for him because he didn't want to have to go to the doctor. Boy was that a lot of fun. The poor kid just freaks himself out thinking that it was going to hurt. He told me not to use scissors. I told him that I had to use scissors to get them out. He has had stitches before. The last time he had them, my mom took them out, but he thought she only used tweezers. So I told him to call Grammi and ask her if she used scissors or not. Well, he didn't like the answer he got. She in fact did use the scissors, she just didn't let him see. So after a half and hour of him freaking himself out, i told him to put a pillow in front of his face and not to look until I said to. He was crying and almost hysterical. It was over in 15 seconds and he didn't even realize that I was already done. He pulled the pillow away from his face and asked when I was going to do it. I just held the stitch up with the tweezers and smiled. We both started laughing and he realized how silly it was for him to act the way he did. I realize telling this story to you that many times we do this to our heavenly Father. We know what He wants us to do, we put our lives in His hands, but sometimes we stick a pillow over our faces and get ourselves freaked out that it is going to hurt. Now, my intentions taking Bryson's stitches out, was not to harm him. He put his heel in my hands and I told him I would take care of it, but he didn't quite trust that I was going to take the stitches out without hurting him. I am so guilty of this with God. I want Him to have control of my life, and yet I don't always trust that His plan for me will only make me a better person. I am going to learn from my son. I need to trust that God knows what is best for me. Just like Jeremiah 29:11 says.

God Bless!
Julie

No comments: