Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vacation is over : (

Well, my vacation from surgery is over. I saw the doctor today, and he released me to return to work on Monday. I knew it was coming, but have been dreading hearing those words. Well, I broke the news to my kids that mommy has to go back to work. Needless to say there were almost tears shed. I feel terrible. I want to be a stay at home mom or a mom who works from home part time. I don't want to miss time with my kids! I feel like they are growing so fast. I need to find some way of being with my kids. I know many women have to work, but I want my kids! I was a stay at home mom until Bryson went into kindergarten. My husband was having health issues and I had to find a job. I have been working ever since and feel like I am missing so much with my kids. We have gone to parks, the library, the children's museum,(Tuesdays are free!), and have had so much fun since I have been home for almost four weeks. I am a mom first and foremost. So I will enjoy these last couple of days with my kids and try to put Monday in the back of my mind. If anyone out there is reading this and you know a great way for mom's to stay home with kids but still work on the side, please let me know! I have looked into many web sites, but haven't been able to find something that would really work. My job now is VERY stressful. I deal with the public concerning their medical bills and it is not an easy thing to do. People can be very rude. I have even been cursed at and had a lady say she was going to kill someone after she walked away from me. (I'm pretty sure I was her target.) It is very hard to have a good attitude when people are so cruel. I really shouldn't complain because a lot of people are out of work right now. So I apologize for being a baby. But I would love to hear from anyone who knows of a way for a mom to work from home. Please leave any comments or suggestions. They would be much appreciated!!! Well, I hope all is well with everyone!

God Bless!
Julie G.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie......this is Cathi....I am not a blogger, but lurk around some. I read your post this morning and I wanted to let you know that I am a work at home mom. I work for 1800Flowers.com. Don't know if you are interested in the details, but feel free to email me at mc6279@gvec.net if you are.