Thursday, June 12, 2008

I love warm weather!!!!!!

The weather finally dried up after some yucky weather. The tornado sirens have already gone off a couple of times so far. The tornadoes did not reach us, but they weren't too far away. A little too close for me. I must admit though, there is just something about watching a storm roll in. The lightning and thunder, then the rain. It truly amazes me. God has thought of everything. I am in awe of his glory and power, from the storms and the beautiful sunrise and sunset. He just made everything so perfectly.
So now that the weather has cleared up, it has been fun in the sun! My sister-in-law has a pool, so the kids have been swimming. My sister-in-law's yard is under "construction". They had the pool put in at the end of the summer last year, so they want to put a deck next to the pool and landscape the back yard. I told Bryson and Morgan that they needed to wear their shoes in the back yard. Just past the back yard is a field. One of the posts from the fence broke off and there was a piece of metal stuck in the yard. I had just told Bryson to put his shoes on before he goes out into the field. Well, Bryson unfortunately learns things sometimes the hard way. He ran out into the field with no shoes on and sliced his left heal open. OUCH! I went over to him and he was trying to put his shoe on while blood was pouring out of his heal. He was screaming . He does not do well when he sees blood, so he was freaking out. I told him he needed to calm down and sit so I could look at it. Debbie went running into the house for a towel. There was blood everywhere, all over me, him, and the grass. When I looked at it I knew he would need stitches because the fatty part of the inside of his heel was visible. After soaking the towel, we got the bleeding to slow down. I called the doctor to make sure Bryson's tetanus shot was caught up and it was. Needless to say, he has a stitch in his heel. He played in his baseball game last night. It really didn't seem to slow him down at all. I am just glad it wasn't any worse. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to swim now. That is very hard for a seven year old, when his sister and cousin get to swim. I told him that I was sorry he couldn't swim. His response made my heart swell. He said, "it's okay mom. It's my own fault because I didn't listen to you." Lesson learned. I was so proud of him for taking ownership for his actions. As an adult, sometimes it's hard for me to take ownership of things, so to see my son do just that made me so proud of him. I commended him for that. As far as my recovery goes from my knee surgery, I am still going to therapy three times a week. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he still doesn't want me to go back to work. my leg still swells up a lot, and there is still quite a bit of pain. They told me it will be a good four months before I fell really good. UGH! I know it takes time, but I am not a patient person. I will have therapy for another four weeks at least. I must be honest, I don't want to go back to work. I love being home with my kids and the thought of going back to a job that I have to be at Monday through Friday while my Bryson and Morgan go to a day camp or babysitter kills me. I wish there was something that I could do that is very part time. I want to be home with the younger kids and doing things with them. They grow so fast and I don't want to miss these times with them. Before you know it, they will be going out with there friends all the time, like Trevor. We see him, maybe once a week. If anyone out there has any great stay at home mom jobs, Please let me know!! I'll try to post more often, but I just get so busy with the kids, I forget to keep up with this!

God Bless!!
Julie

No comments: