Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wedded bliss!

We had a wedding to go to today. My friend's daughter got married. I feel so old! my husband and I got married in 2000, and My friends daughter was in jr high. To see her today looking so grown up and absolutely beautiful just made me think of how fast time flies by. Her dad got up and made a speech about how when your kids are young, you start praying for a good Christian spouse that will be loyal to them and before you know it, you are walking them down the isle. Yikes!!! I felt so guilty hearing that because I don't pray like I should for my kids. I mean, I pray for them, but in the present. i need to focus just as much on their future. So that was a little wake up call for me. (Thank you father of the bride!) We had a good time tonight. The kids are staying at my sister's house, another thing I am very grateful for, and wouldn't you know it, my husband and I are in separate rooms. Ha!

I am going to go, but I want to say that I am thankful that my heavenly father is concerned just as much with our lives both present and future and that He has already gone before us to prepare the way, even when the path is uncertain for us.

Good night and God bless you!
Julie G.

2 comments:

MAC5 said...

Weddings are a wonderful reminder to be thankful for our spouces and also the committments that we made to them. Also, that we do indeed need to be praying for their future spouses. Thanks for the reminder.

MAC5 said...

Noticed a lot of GR on the live feed not too far from me, mu in laws are in Kazoo.