Monday, July 7, 2008

Joy thieves!

Have you ever met anyone or had to deal with someone that tries to steal your joy whether intentional or not? There are some people and certain situations in my life that I truly believe Satan uses to try to steal my joy. Did you catch that? MY JOY! Mine!!! For a long time I lived without my joy until one day....... I took it back! I was home alone, dealing with some giants in my life. I decided to turn on my praise and worship. I sat there and just started singing, something I love to do, and realized that I needed to take back the joy that had been missing in my life for quite some time. There were people and things in my life that just stole my joy that was not theirs to take! Very difficult situations and people became so overwhelming that my joy just slipped right out of my life. Well, I have my joy back. I spent a very sweet morning in worship, and my joy returned. Now I protect it carefully! I looke back on that day and realize that having joy is definately a priceless gift from God!

I am so thankful to have my joy!

God bless!
Julie G.

2 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

I am so glad you got YOUR JOY back!!! It is a gift of God for each of us to have a part in! Our own piece of the pie!!!

Yep, we are in TX but remember, it is really big!!! We are in the DFW metroplex.

Married in 2000, huh??? Just wait until you are staring at your 20th! Talk about feeling old!!! (HA)

MAC5 said...

I am to glad that you got your joy back. I personally let mine be stolen without a fight. I give in too easily.. I tired from several fights I guess. This time has been hard, but God is good and forgiving.

traveling through IL soon on they way to Wisconsin. I am riding with some friends to see another friend= God;s world is so samll. The IL friend is near 6 flags and the destination trip is to Wausau WI. I can't wait. It will be a time to reconnect with friends from Trinity and I cannot wait.

Dee
mac52000.blogspot.com