Thursday, July 17, 2008

A new heart...

Hello! I hope all is well with whoever visits this blog today. I really don't have a lot to catch up on. We have been looking unsuccessfully for a place to live. We have to rent. Our ideal situation would be rent to own, but we haven't been able to find a place where we feel like we should be. The search goes on. God knows the place he has for us, he just hasn't shown us yet.

Anyways, I was watching a TV show that was showing a little toddler getting a heart transplant. All went well. His body took the heart successfully and the surgery went off without a hitch. I have to share what popped into my head. When I came to a point in my life where I realized I needed a savior, I prayed that God would forgive me of my sins and give me a new heart. So He forgave me, and I received a "new heart." Now, it may not have been a physical heart transplant, but it was a new heart all together. After thinking about that for a moment, I realized something. That little boy has a new heart that needs to be taken care of. He will go to his doctor for check ups, take in the right medicine, and even have to eat a healthy diet and exercises to maintain a healthy heart. I thought of how as a Christian with a "new heart", we also have to have check-ups by asking God to search our hearts for anything that is unhealthy, and take in the right "medicine" by reading Gods word, and exercises to keep our hearts right by living as an example. Oh my! I have not had a "healthy heart diet." I have not had my check ups or gotten the right dose of medicine or exercises to keep my heart healthy. I don't want to die of heart failure, and I surely don't want to face my heavenly Father someday with the gift he gave me looking unhealthy. I need to be doing the things it takes to keep my heart "healthy". I am FAR from perfect. As a matter of fact, when I talk about going to church to people, I tell them I go because I am a sinner. I want to start living a healthy heart diet. I want people to see right through me to my heart and see that although it isn't perfect, it is healthy.

Lord, forgive me for not taking better care of my heart to keep it "healthy". You have given me every tool I need to maintain a heart like yours, please help me to use them! Amen

God Bless!
Julie G.

5 comments:

MAC5 said...

Julie,
You are not alone! I too need I heart check up. I think as Christians we tend to go through seasons of taking really good care of our hearts and also very neglectful times. Thanks for the reminder to keep my heart healthy.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

That was an excellent post!!! Thank you for sharing so deeply and reminding us all to have our check-up!

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Dearest Julie,

When did you get so smart?:) I love reading your blog and see how you share you thoughts and heart with everyone. I pray you never stop seeking our Father and may we all keep ours hearts healthy. I'm proud to be your mom.
I love you.

Ang said...

Julie~
I hope you have fun doing your Happy Heart Homework. I rode my bike today with the girls to excercise my heart and spirit.
Angie

Ang said...

so nice to see you on my blog this morning, have a great day!