Sunday, July 13, 2008

Re-cap

Well, this week FLEW by! Monday my grandmother turned 85! Wow. I hope I get around as well as her when I turn 85. We celebrated her birthday on Sunday, the 6th, and she was salsa dancing with my cousin! What a blessing she is to all of us. I am so glad she is still alive. She is the only grandparent I have left and I just love her to death!

I celebrated my 32nd birthday on Thursday the 10th. It was a good day. My co-workers made food for the day and someone baked me a cake. My husband and kids took me out for dinner. After dinner a huge storm blew in. A lot of local businesses and residents lost power. When I got to wok on Friday, we had only partial power and no internet. Needless to say, I had a 3 day weekend! Thank you Lord. I went out and worked, if you can call it that, with my husband. I mostly watched him do his thing. It was nice. The rest of the weekend was okay. Today I played baseball and basketball with the kids. I am pretty tired right now.

The highlight of the weekend was church service this morning. I can't even ell you how much of a blessing it was for both my husband and myself. I think it was more of a blessing for me watching how it touch my husband. Our pastor, Derrick, is very gifted at giving a message. He paints a very truthful picture with his words. This morning was no different. We have been studying the book of Ephesians for quite some time, kind of picking it apart. The best part today was when he started talking about how people around us can say things that hurt. He talked about conditional love, such as, I'll love you as long as you get good grades, hang out with the right crowd, wear the right clothes, etc. This struck a cord for my husband. Derrick also talked about how some people may have never heard the words I love you, or been shown a lot of affection growing up. Then, what Derrick said next for some reason just hit like a tone of bricks. Jesus loves you! Yep, without conditions or limitations, he loves us completely! (look up the word completely in the dictionary and see what it says.) We will not know, or begin to live up to the plans that God has for us until we live and realize his UNCONDITIONAL love. It doesn't matter what we have done in the past, or what our hang ups are, or how many times we have sinned or turned our backs on him, !HE LOVES YOU So I want to leave you with that thought.............

Jesus Loves YOU!

Thank you Father in heaven for you mercy and unconditional love! Touch our live in a mighty way! Help us all to realize your unconditional love so that we can live to the fullest potential and be the people you have called each of us individually to be. Amen

God Bless you!
Julie G

3 comments:

MAC5 said...

Thank-you for the reminder of God's love for us. As two of my three kidos were baptized yesterday in Lake Michigan in 3 to 5 foot waves I was just blown away( litterally too) bout how God uses the things in our lives to lead others and us to Him.
I have never been in the "in" crowd or have the "right" clothes or whatever, but I do love Jesus and that is what matters. That is what I am trying to teach my kids.

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Okay, this is now a recurring theme..the same truth is presented in a Proverbs31 devotional today on their website. Obviously I need to spend some quality time with my Lord.....Thanks for being used by God!!!

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you were taken care of and made to feel special on your special day.

Pamela in TX

Ang said...

Love the blog.