Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Road to Recovery......

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I was very busy the week leading up to my knee surgery. All went well. I guess the miniscus was not torn. That's a good thing. The doctor did a lateral release. Apparently my knee cap was being pulled to the outside of my knee because of the tendons or whatever. So they did a lateral release. As soon as they cut, they did compressions for about five minutes. When they released the compression, my leg blew up like a balloon! Nice, eh? Well, that was on Monday. Tuesday I went to my first therapy session. That was interesting. my foot had swelled up quite a bit. My toes looked like little cocktail weenies! It was not very cute. My foot was very cold too. The physical therapist was afraid that I might have a blood clot. I was just along for the ride....those drugs they gave me were working very well! After working on me for two hours, and I didn't mind the foot rub, he said it was not a clot. So they gave me a couple of exercises and I was on my way home. Unfortunately when I got home, I started vomiting from the nice drugs that were helping me with my pain. (not so fun!) SO I didn't take any. Today when I went to therapy, I was in a whole lot of pain! I have to admit, I did cry a little through therapy, but they got my leg to bend to 110% and yesterday I couldn't get it past 80%. So today the pain has been pretty bad. I worked so hard in therapy that now my leg is worn out and I can barely get it to cooperate. I have to will it really hard to get it to work. I did end up taking more drugs, and yes I am under the influence of a orescribed narcotic. So if I am rambling or this doesn't make sence, that is why. I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post again soon. Please pray for a speedy recovery for me so that I can get back to work!

God Bless!
Julie

No comments: