Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pain in the Knee!!!!!!!!

Well, I found out that I get to have surgery on my right knee. Let me back up and explain.

I was on my way out the door about a month or so ago, running a little bit behind. My knee was hurting when I woke up that morning, but I didn't think anything of it. When I walked out the front door and stepped off of the porch, POP went my knee. Immediately I though, "this cannot be good!" I hobbled to the car and drove to work. I happen to work at an Orthopedic doctor's group, so I had my pick of who I wanted to see. I was seen immediately by one of the doctors. He ordered me an MRI of my knee and took some xrays. The MRI said there was no evidence of cartilage damage. So why was I in so much pain? I hobbled around on cruches for a few days. After two cortizone injections with a needle that I swear was a foot long, and might I add that getting those injections were a very strange feeling, I will need to get a scope to see why I am still in pain. This is the good part. The other thing that I found out by my xrays was that I have HORRIBLE knees. As in, I am looking at knee replacement for my other knee! WHAT!! I am only 32 yrs old. Now they won't do them any time soon, but sometime down the road, there is the strong possibility that I will have to have a knee replacement done. Alright, I admit, I had a hard time turning 30. I did cry and get depressed. I swore I would neve get upset about another birthday, but with the way my knees looked in that xray......I don't want to get any older!!!! At 30 I had to get my first mammogram. OUCH! All of those stories about, excuse me, your boob getting smashed like a pancake.........it is soooooooo true. I happened to look down during my mammo. WOW! I had a hard time with that because most people start getting mammograms when they are 40. Not me though! I have to be outside of the normal box. I had a lump in my breast. Everything turned out to be okay, but now I have to get a mammo every year. Better that than the alternative, right? So I am very surprised at the new I got. Yes, it could be worse. I am just very suprised at the degeneration in my left knee. I asked him when he thought I would be able to start running. He said that I could ride a bike, or swim the river, but I would never be able to be a runner. I was bummed. So anyway, my surgery is May 19th. Please pray that everything goes well, and that my aging joints would be young again!

I need to get some sleep. I am going to the zoo with Bryson's class tomorrow. Next Tuesday is Morgan's class.

God Bless!
Julie

No comments: