Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Catching Up.....

Well, it has been almost a month since I posted. Not much has really gone on. Work is work and I still feel like everything in life is just a hum drum kind of thing. (I don't even know if that makes sense or not) / : I don't want to sound like a downer, but I don't feel like I am in a summer season in my life. I feel like I am smack dab in the "black and white" or "gray" of winter, you know when the trees have no leaves and it's a cloudy overcast day, and you just feel like hibernating. This is not a fun place to be. I read my Bible in the mornings, because I feel like it gives me a boost. I know I am not the only one who has been where I am at. It seems like this is dragging on for way too long, but I don't know how to snap out of it. Anyway, I celebrated my birthday last week with the family. It was a rainy, dreary day on my birthday, so instead of spending the day outdoors, we went to lunch. It was nice. I have been trying to get ready for Vacation Bible School which is coming up next week. I am on my own with the music this year. The person that I usually do it with will be at camp next week with some of the church kids. I have to prepare a little more than usual since it is all up to me. I love VBS! It is so awesome to watch the kids sing and praise God inhibited. I know that will lift my spirits. I get emotional when I see the kids lifting their hands and praising God so sweetly!
I am in the process of checking out other employment options. I need to work full time. The 20 hours a week just doesn't cut it anymore. I feel like I was all over the place with this blog. I guess it kind of matches the way I feel with life right now. I am glad God is in control, I just wish He would give me more insight. It's hard to have faith like a child when I want to know more than what He is showing me! I know we all go through these seasons in our lives, I just feel like this one has gone on for way too long! I just have to keep on praying I guess. Well, take care and God bless!

1 comment:

living4him5 said...

Hey Julie,

I hope things turn around soon for all of you. Keep praying and don't lose the faith!

~Amy