Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just In Time!

Have you ever heard the saying, "God is seldom early, never late, and always on time."? I can't tell you who the author of this is, but they knew what they were talking about. I have been struggling lately with Life and questioning God on why things in my life are and have been the way they have been. I was at the brink of just being numb. I was talking to my sister on the phone last week, and she told me that I need to ask God to show me He loves me daily. She said He loves to prove who He is to us. So, taking her advice, I did it and have been since our last conversation. It has been a whirlwind of Him being so mighty in my life! I can't even express to you how in awe of Him I am right now. Before asking Him to do this, things just seemed so bleak. I was down and wondered if He really did have my best interest at heart. I thought maybe He had just given up an washed His hands of me and my "junk"! I have to tell you that I am thrilled to say that I was so wrong! God has moved every day since that day and I am telling you, it has been so cool to just sit back and watch Him have control of my life. We all tend to want to have control. We want to fix things that are broken, and change things we have no control over in the first place. It has been a great ride watching things unfold right in front of my eyes, knowing my Father, the one who does love me and promised Jeremiah 29:11, (my life verse!), to me, use people and situations that I would never have even fathomed to prove Himself to me! I love it! It is like watching miracles on a daily basis. Sure, it's not the burning bush or anything, but I tell you what.........it is good stuff!!!!! I want everyone out there who may come across this blog to know that God loves you so much. He will move to whatever lengths necessary to prove that to you. Your past doesn't matter to God. He sees the you he created and wants to give you a hope and future. He has plans for good and not disaster in your life. Do you want to know what the key is to that? Are you ready? GIVE UP! Stop trying to change people, things, and situations that you have no control over.....including your life. You have no control over your destiny, but God does. He is the only one who can change you. Just ask Him to. He will. Trust me! I am living proof of that! I want to thanks people who have prayed for me! I still covet your prayers.

God Bless!
Julie

2 comments:

living4him5 said...

Great post Julie! I'm excited to hear what God's been doing in your life...Praying!

~Amy

Unknown said...

You know the plans He has for you....it is just giving in to Him and letting Him show you when, where and how!!! I have to say I feel from reading this you have surrendered and I am sooooo excited to see where God is taking you! Lets continue our accountability and times together so we can stand with God and do as He bids.....together!!!!! Forever you Sister in Christ and Friend for life....Jackie